The patented NOVA Lock-Up™ Vehicle Restraint is designed to secure an intermodal container chassis, standard trailer and most RIG bar configurations, even styles that have cover plates
or obstructions. Its spring-loaded housing lowers with truck contact, positions the unit with the RIG bar and automatically adjusts to trailer float. The roller slope extension decreases the resistance of carriage travel while it adjusts to the height of the RIG bar and features a wheel assembly that effortlessly
rolls over the pavement to prevent marks/gouges on the dock approach pavement.
Mounts to dock above ground level to stay clear of accumulated precipitation and debris. Protected from the elements with watertight connectors and zinc plating, which provides exceptional corrosion resistance.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Vertical barrier position ensures engagement with intermodal containers and trailer RIG configurations with cover plates or obstructions
- Patented activation system ensures RIG/barrier engagement when electrical power is lost
- Brakeless, direct drive gear motor specifically engineered for this application—no brake, clutch, sprockets, chain or adjustments required
- Designed to accommodate the widest variety of RIG configurations
- PLC-based control box provides maintenance diagnostics
- RIG sensor is standard and will notify dock attendant when trailer is present without opening the overhead door
- LED lights are standard for energy efficiency and long life
- Meets and exceeds ANSI MH30.3 requirements, tested and certified
- Includes a 5-year warranty
As the trailer backs into position, the RIG contacts the spring-loaded structural steel housing, which rides down in its track and allows the RIG to move over the top of the housing. The dock attendant pushes the RESTRAIN button, which activates the vertical barrier to secure the trailer to the dock.
The Lock-Up™ restraint maintains contact with the RIG and adjusts automatically with trailer float motion to ensure proper engagement at all times. If there is a cover plate or obstruction above the rear impact guard, the vertical barrier adds an additional level of safety providing secure engagement. An
activation system ensures RIG/barrier engagement when electrical power source is lost. After service is complete, the dock attendant pushes the RELEASE button. If a trailer’s RIG is missing or damaged, the Lock-Up™ will communicate a fault condition. An audible alarm and flashing red light alert the operator that the trailer has not been properly secured. The operator may then override the fault condition and
secure the trailer by other means. The communication system automatically adjusts to reflect the current operational mode.
The vertical barrier weldment can withstand a pull-away force of over 38,000-pounds and is a lamination of two 2 3/4 x 3/4-inch thick ASTM A572 Grade 50 steel plates with 1-inch ASTM
A36 steel spacers in between. The vertical barrier weldment is located within the carriage between the two side plates. The carriage side plates are constructed from abrasion-resistant 200F steel for maximum defense against wear from contact and friction with the RIG. The 1 1/4-inch diameter carriage axles and 2 5/16-inch diameter rollers are both made from cold-rolled 1045 steel. The roller track is formed out of ASTM A572 Grade 50 steel into a 6 3/8 x 3-inch channel with 7/8-inch flanges. The roller track is attached to the dock face with 15 heavy-duty sleeve anchors that each measure 5/8 x 4-inch long.
All operator controls are mounted in a control panel that remains fully operational at all times. Specially engineered electric motor and limit switches are enclosed in an abrasion-resistant structural steel housing. Electrical components and wiring are UL listed® or Recognized®. The Lock-Up™ restraint
requires a power source of 110/115 volt, single-phase with a 15 amp service circuit.
Outside Signal Lights and Control Box LED Lights: Indicates the restraint status
Audible Alarm: Alerts the dock attendant to potentially unsafe conditions
Horn Override: Customizable keypad allows override sequence to be password protected
- IntelliDock Combination control box
- Open dock stanchion for control box
- Articulated slope extension
- Brackets and plates
- Green light interlock with leveler or door