DEFENDER GATE™ XL
The NOVA Defender Gate™ XL is available in larger sizes up to 16-feet wide and has double rails like the DG20. Bollards and trusses support the added weight of the elongated design, and a third top handle is included to ensure ease of operation. The DGXL provides a larger coverage area for increasing in-plant safety and security or protecting loading docks and other elevated surfaces.
DEFENDER GATE™ XL WITH SAFETY GUARD
NOVA offers the DGXL with Safety Guard attachments for enhanced protection. Safety Guards for the double-rail DGXL add barriers above, below and in between the rails that reach 72-inches high and extend to 6-inches above the floor for overhead and crawl-through protection.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Meets OSHA guidelines for fall protection
- Three top handles for easy operation
- Ships in three pieces (all hardware included)
- Locking pin with an included padlock
- Safety Guard attachments and electronic interlock options available
- We offer custom sizes and configurations
- Made in USA
The NOVA Defender Gate™ XL safety barrier is a manually operated gate that effortlessly folds in half with easy glide hinges and allows full pass-through clearance.
The bollards are constructed from 4-inch square, 3/16-inch thick A-500 Grade B steel tubing. The tubes are welded to 3/8-inch thick A-36 steel base plates and anchored to the floor with a total of (24) 3/4 x 6-inch long concrete anchor bolts, included. The main center sections of the gate are made from A-500 Grade B rectangular steel tubing, 10 x 3 x 1/8-inches thick, and joined in the middle with a center pin. The entire gate is powder-coated safety yellow for optimal visibility and durability.
Based on its engineered design and proven by standardized testing the Defender Gate™ can stop a 13,500-pound forklift traveling at 6.5 mph. To better quantify the impact rating designation and provide a better degree of impact protection, the Gate can be rated in terms of total Kinetic Energy absorbed.
The chart below helps understand the effects of various speeds and weights based on the Kinetic Energy absorbed. The Defender Gate™ is engineered to provide effective protection for any combination of vehicle mass and speed in the green shaded area of the chart.
- Provides a larger coverage area for increasing in-plant safety and security or protecting loading docks and other elevated surfaces
- Safety Guards for the double-rail DGXL add barriers above, below, and in-between the rails that reach 72-inches high and extend to 6-inches above the floor for overhead and crawl-through protection
- Powder-coated yellow finish with 3M® reflective tape