When dock space is limited or the working range of a full size, pit-style leveler is not needed; NOVA’s Hydraulic Edge-of-Dock Levelers mount to the exterior dock face providing a simple and economical alternative to pit-style levelers.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- NEMA 4 push-button control panel
- Cold-rolled steel hinge pins for added strength and long life
- Fully hydraulic lip and deck cylinders
- Grease fittings
- Heavy-duty bumper block assemblies with reinforced rubber molded bumpers
- Bumper/blockout projection—18 inches
- 115/230 VAC single-phase powerpack
A single push-button is pressed and held until the leveler is fully extended. Releasing the button lowers leveler to the trailer bed. After loading/unloading, the push-button is pressed and held until the lip clears the trailer bed, once released, the leveler returns to the stored position. If the trailer departs before the leveler is stored, the leveler automatically returns to the stored position.
Platform and lip are constructed of four-way high tensile 55,000 psi minimum yield A572 safety tread plate. The tread plate on the 20,000 and 25,000 pounds Comparative Industry Rating (CIR) capacity units is 3∕8 inch thick, the 30,000 pounds CIR unit is 7∕16 inch thick and the 35,000 pounds CIR unit is 1/2 inch thick. The standard lip length is 15 inches on all hydraulic edge-of-dock levelers. Hinge tubes are 1 1/4 inches OD for 20,000, 25,000 and 30,000 pound CIR and 1 1/2 inches OD for 35,000 pounds CIR units. Lip hinge pins are 11∕16 inch solid shaft cold finish M1044 steel for 20,000, 25,000 and 30,000 pound units and 1 inch for 35,000 pound CIR units. Each edge-of-dock leveler comes standard with 1/2 inch full width load distribution bar, meeting the hinge and lip sections. Deck is supported in the stored position by a minimum of two steel gussets attached to the base plate.
The platform is raised by a main hydraulic cylinder; all hydraulic hoses are safely routed under the platform. Lip operation is controlled by a second lip cylinder. The motor pump is mounted under the leveler on brackets for easy access and includes a translucent reservoir for monitoring fluid level.
The hydraulic power unit motor is a 1.25 HP TENV at 115V or 230V single-phase or 208V, 230V or 460V three-phase. All electrical components, connections and wiring are UL listed or recognized.
- For new construction, a flush or recessed 8″ – 12″ embed channel is the standard requirement and strongly recommended; unit is then welded to the embed channel in the foundation wall
- For existing docks without preferred embed channel, but with an angle embedded at the front edge of the dock, the EOD is welded across the top angle and anchored to the face of the dock, or an optional approach ramp can be added on the dock floor for additional strength
- For docks with no steel embed material of any kind, a formed angle, or independent approach and face plates are available to maximize the strength of installation
BUMPERS AND BLOCKOUTS
- Properly designed dock bumpers help protect the deck plate and building from the approaching truck
- Constructed of formed steel and incorporate a full height internal gusset for extra support
- Feature 4″ thick reinforced rubber molded bumpers
- Every leveler is shipped standard with 14″ x 13″ heavy duty bumper blocks
- Low-profile design (flat center plate)
- 17-inch lip (for refrigerated trailers with rear step)
- Tapered lip (tapered at sides)
- Recessed installation packages for mini-pits
- 3-inch run off guards
- Edge-of-dock embed channel 10 inches height (highly recommended for new construction)
- Three-phase powerpack
- Other options available—consult NOVA