The NOVA Lock & Load™ is a hook-style vehicle restraint that secures the trailer’s rear impact guard (RIG) to reduce the risk of premature departure and trailer movement during loading and unloading. Its spring-loaded housing lowers with truck contact and the carriage automatically adjusts with trailer float. The Lock & Load™ has an enhanced design with a patent pending Triple Range Hook that outperforms competitor hook-style restraints.
Mounts to dock above ground level to stay clear of accumulated precipitation and debris. Protected from the elements with watertight connectors and zinc plating, which provides exceptional corrosion resistance.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Hook is upwardly biased and rotates to increase engagement if contacted by the RIG when trailer shifts during loading and unloading
- Roller slope extension eliminates gouging and marking on the dock approach surface
- Gear motor operates for a total of three seconds for the full cycle of restraining and releasing a vehicle
- Only uses electricity when engaging or disengaging the rotating hook
- Hook maintains engagement with the RIG, even if power is lost
- PLC-based Control Box provides maintenance diagnostics
- Control box includes key pad for override as standard
- LED lights are standard for energy efficiency and long life
- Includes a 5-year warranty
As the trailer backs into position, the RIG contacts the spring-loaded structural steel housing, which rides down in its track and allows the RIG to move over the top of the housing. The dock attendant pushes the RESTRAIN button, which activates the hook to secure the trailer to the dock. The rotating hook can withstand a pull away force of over 38,000 pounds. The Lock & Load™ restraint maintains contact with the RIG and adjusts automatically with trailer float motion to ensure proper engagement at all times. After servicing is complete, the dock attendant pushes the RELEASE button. In the event a trailer’s RIG is missing or damaged, the Lock & Load™ will communicate a fault condition. An audible alarm and flashing red light alert the operator when a trailer has not been properly secured. The operator may then override the fault condition and secure the trailer by other means. The communication system automatically adjusts to reflect the current operational mode.
The rotating hook can withstand a pull away force of over 38,000 pounds and is machined from 1-1/4″ thick A514 Grade B steel plate and driven with a 1-1/4″ diameter shaft made from cold-rolled 1008 steel. The carriage side plates are constructed from abrasion-resistant 200F steel for maximum defense against wear from contact and friction with the RIG. The 1-1/4″ diameter carriage axles and 2-5/16″ diameter rollers are both made from cold-rolled 1045 steel. The roller track is formed out of ASTM A572 Grade 50 steel into a 6-3/8″ x 3″ channel with 7/8″ flanges. The roller track is attached to the dock face with 15 heavy-duty sleeve anchors that each measure 5/8″ x 4″ long.
All operator controls are mounted in a control panel that remains fully operational at all times. Specially engineered electric motor and limit switches are enclosed in a structural steel housing. Electrical components and wiring are UL Listed® or Recognized®. The Lock & Load™ requires a power source of 110/115 volt single-phase with a 15 amp service circuit.
NOTE: Unless specified on quotation, NOVA Technology will not provide any conduit, disconnects, junction boxes or other electrical components.
Outside Signal Lights and Control Box LED Lights: Indicates the restraint status
Audible Alarm: Alerts the dock attendant to potentially unsafe conditions
Horn Override: Customizable keypad allows override sequence to be password protected
- IntelliDock Combination Control Box
- Cantilever mounting bracket
- Open dock stanchion for control box
- Driveway plate for ground mounting
- Green light interlock